So this protective hairstyle is not one of my own. I actually found it on youtube. The original style was not done on natural hair or even Black hair for that matter but this Spiral staircase braided bun is inspired. I loved it and decided to give it a try on my kinks. Not too bad. I would have come out even greater if my hair was longer. Also having a big fluffy braid to wrap around your bun would really add some oomph to this style.
I did this style on blow dried hair but I’m sure it will work on any stretched hair that is long enough to bun.
1. Make a diagonal part from the back bottom right to the front left.
2. Clip the hair on the left out of the way.
3. Make a cornrow or french braid up the back of your head making sure keep the braid close to the part. The braid should end in the front. Braid the hair all the way to the end
4. Take the hair on the left and make a loose bun or use a bun “donut”
5. Wrap the end of the braid around the bun.
Optional: Use an large extension braid and wrap it around the bun for a bigger bun effect. Check out the video for visual instructions.